CCH were commissioned by Castleknock College, Dublin, to act as Architects for the provision of upgraded and improved education facilities to bring the College’s teaching and classroom accommodation up to modern school building standards.
Castleknock College has its origins in the early 19th century when a school was founded there in 1834 by the Vincentian Order, initially using the existing 17th century house and farm buildings.
The project involved the refurbishment of the existing McNamara Buildings and Cregan Building to provide classroom and ancillary accommodation. A new 3-storey link building was designed to join the Mc Namara and Cregan building. The new link building housed a concourse at ground level and laboratories and a staff room on the upper levels.
The project also involved major repairs and restoration to the Chapel Ceiling and the re-roofing of the Chapel. The last element in the project was the provision of new water storage tanks on the hill serving a new fire ring main and repairs to the existing tower on the hill.
Client Castleknock College